Ald. Joe McMenamin: Rail agreement with IDOT seriously flawed May. 10, 2016
The State Journal-Register
Letter to the Editor
Mayor Jim Langfelder and the City Council should have held out for a better agreement between the city and Illinois Department of Transportation regarding relocating rail traffic off the Third Street tracks instead of voting passage on April 26. Here are some of the problems with the agreement: Read More
Alderman McMenamin discusses City budgets and pensions
2/23/2016 – Joey McLaughlin and Ward 7 Ald. Joe McMenamin talk city budget and pensions on WTAX’s podcast Morning Newswatch – Length: 5:37
Alderman McMenamin Addresses Hunter Lake
Alderman McMenamin Speaks About City Pension Crisis
Alderman Joe McMenamin gives a presentation on Pension Liabilities – Dec. 4, 2012.
Listen to an audio recording of Joe’s radio spots:
Meeting Hours for Ward 7 Constituents
Saturday Morning Meeting Hours by Appointment
- To make an appointment phone 787-2297 or email email@example.com.
- No meetings Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, or Labor Day weekends.
Joe is available Saturday mornings to discuss concerns and issues involving neighborhoods and City services. Joe is also available other times as requested. McMenamin also attends regular neighborhood and Association meetings as they occur throughout Ward 7. He attends the monthly MacArthur Boulevard Association meeting the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Red Cross building on Outer Park Drive. Joe looks forward to meeting with Ward 7 residents regularly. This is how he stays in touch and serves constituents.
New Ward 7 Map – 2015
Joe’s Focus as Ward 7 Alderman
- Refocus City government priorities to strengthen neighborhoods.
- Reinstate the city residency requirement for all new City hires including all new police hires.
- Strengthen and enforce ordinances related to vacant, neglected, and “boarded” buildings.
- Establish a long-term sewer improvement and financing plan for neighborhoods.
- End municipal pension abuses.
- Add sidewalk and/or improved shoulders along parts of Old Jacksonville Road west of Washington Park.
- Stabilize CWLP Finances.
My Pledge to Ward 7 Voters
- I will work hard and be a full time public servant/watchdog on the City Council.
- I will actively serve Ward 7 constituents, and be available in person, by phone, and by email.