Alderman Joe McMenamin gives a presentation on Police Contract and Pension Liabilities.
Meeting Hours for Ward 7 Constituents
- Saturday mornings – by appointment at Ward 7 locations as of June 1st through fall 2013
- No meetings Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years weekends.
- Meetings at other times and dates by phoning 787-2297 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Saturday morning meetings present an opportunity for Ward 7 residents to discuss concerns and issues involving their neighborhoods and City services with their representative on the City Council. McMenamin is also attending regular neighborhood meetings as they occur throughout Ward 7. I am hugely grateful to South Side Christian Church leaders and its members for allowing us to hold weekly meeting hours at the church” McMenamin said. “I look forward to meeting with Ward 7 residents regularly. This is how you stay in touch and serve constituents,” McMenamin said. “The meetings are relaxed and informal and serve a useful purpose.”
My Focus as Alderman of Ward 7
- Refocus City government priorities to strengthen neighborhoods.
- Reinstate the city residency requirement for our City police and other city employees.
- Strengthen and enforce ordinances related to vacant, neglected, and “boarded” buildings.
- Establish a long-term sewer improvement and financing plan for neighborhoods.
- End municipal pension abuses.
- Add sidewalk and/or improved shoulders along parts of Old Jacksonville Road west of Washington Park.
My Pledge to Ward 7 Voters
- I will work hard and be a full time public servant/watchdog on the City Council.
- I will use the aldermanic salary to staff part time office hours along MacArthur Boulevard.