Alderman Joe McMenamin gives a presentation on Pension Liabilities – Dec. 4, 2012.
Listen to an audio recording of Joe’s radio spots:
Meeting Hours for Ward 7 Constituents
No Saturday Morning Meeting Hours March and April 2015 –
Joe will be campaigning door to door instead.
- Note: Saturday meetings suspended during March and April 2015
- Saturday mornings – 11 am to noon – South Side Christian Church, 2600 So. MacArthur Blvd
- Inside the canopy entrance on the east side of the building.
- No meetings Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years weekends.
- Meetings at other times and dates by phoning 787-2297 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Saturday morning meetings present an opportunity for Ward 7 residents to discuss concerns and issues involving their neighborhoods and City services with their representative on the City Council. McMenamin is also attending regular neighborhood meetings as they occur throughout Ward 7. I am hugely grateful to South Side Christian Church leaders and its members for allowing us to hold weekly meeting hours at the church” McMenamin said. “I look forward to meeting with Ward 7 residents regularly. This is how you stay in touch and serve constituents,” McMenamin said. “The meetings are relaxed and informal and serve a useful purpose.”
New Ward 7 Map – 2015
Joe’s Focus as Ward 7 Alderman
- Refocus City government priorities to strengthen neighborhoods.
- Reinstate the city residency requirement for all new City hires including all new police hires.
- Strengthen and enforce ordinances related to vacant, neglected, and “boarded” buildings.
- Establish a long-term sewer improvement and financing plan for neighborhoods.
- End municipal pension abuses.
- Add sidewalk and/or improved shoulders along parts of Old Jacksonville Road west of Washington Park.
- Stabilize CWLP Finances.
My Pledge to Ward 7 Voters
- I will work hard and be a full time public servant/watchdog on the City Council.
- I will actively serve Ward 7 constituents, and be available in person, by phone, and by email.